The CSC platform is managed as an open resource for a range of projects, as well as a
long-term experiment for assessing the impact of a new cropping system on ecological,
environmental and economic components of sustainable production systems.
Here is a list of projects supported to date. Please get in touch
for more information or if
you have a project proposal that could benefit from the use of the Platform.
- RESAS RD1.2.1: GHG emissions and leaching in margin buffer plots.
Tim George, Lawrie Brown 2017-2018
- EU-Diversify: in-field weed/crop biodiversity.
Ali Karley. 2017-2022
- EU TRUE:
Pete Iannetta, Euan James. 2017-2022
- UHI, Aberdeen University and Heriot Watt: End product quality.
James Bryce, Karen Scott
- RESAS Underpinning Capacity: Yield responses to cropping system.
Cathy Hawes. 2016-2021
- RESAS Underpinning Capacity: Soil water quality.
Mark Young. 2016-2021
- RESAS Underpinning Capacity: REML modelling of trends in indicators.
Colin Alexander, Cathy Hawes. 2016-2021
- RESAS Underpinning Capacity. Biodiversity for decomposition processes.
Cathy Hawes. 2016-2021
- RESAS RDs. 2016-2021:
- 2.1.6 (Integrated Pest Management),
- 2.1.8 (novel cropping systems, intercropping and legumes),
- 2.3.4 (tillage practices and nutrient supply),
- 2.3.8 (conservation management),
- 2.3.9 (integrated management systems)
- RESAS RD3.1.1: Yield Quality.
Derek Stewart. 2016-2021
- RESAS RD2.3.8, 1.3.1: arable foodwebs for pollination and predation services.
Cathy Hawes, Ali Karley. 2016-2021
- RESAS RD2.3.6: Greenhouse Gas Emissions and carbon footprint.
Mark Young 2016-2021
- RESAS RD2.3.4: Soil quality and structure.
Tim George, Tracy Valentine. 2016-2021
- RESAS RD2.1.6: Barley pathogen incidence and spread.
Dave Guy 2016-2021
- RESAS RD1.2.1: Nutrient traps and recycling using margin vegetation.
Tim George, Lawrie Brown. 2016-2021
- MDT: Financial margins and environmental offset.
Yakubu Abdul-Salam. 2016-2021
- Innovate-UK: sensors and field detection.
Matt Aitkenhead. 2016-2017
- Hutton farm innovation: Magic Margins.
- EU-ENDURE: IPM platforms network.
Adrian Newton, Nick Birch. Ongoing (unfunded network) from 2016
- BES Small grant: Diversity effect on aphid symbionts.
A Zytynska. 2016.
- InnovateUK: In-field optical detection of potato disease (Poptical).
Damian Bienkowsk, Roy Neilson. 2015-2018
Pete Iannetta, Euan James. 2015-2016 (now unfunded extension)
- Joint Studentship, Dundee University Seed-soil biophysical properties.
Ashley Gorman 2014-2018
- DEFRA/CEH: Pollinator monitoring framework.
Cathy Hawes. 2014-2015
- Danish Innovation Funded BUFFERTECH: Engineered riparian buffers.
Marc Stutter, Tim George. 2014-2018
- CECHR PhD: Seedbank community impact on soil properties.
Ashley Gorman. 2014-2018
- Potato Council/HGCA: Platforms to test and demonstrate sustainable soil management.
Blair McKenzie. 2012-2017
- EU-AMIGA: Systems indicators.
Cathy Hawes, Geoff Squire. 2012-2016
- St Andrews Uni PhD: Small mammal population response to cropping system.
Amanda Wilson. 2011-2014
Geoff Squire. 2011-2015 (EU-PURE),)
- EU Legume Futures:
Pete Iannetta, Euan James. 2011-2015
- CECHR PhD: Soil erosion and seedbanks.
Tim Lewis. 2010-2013
- Aberdeen Uni PhD: Carbon and nutrient turnover.
Claire Ghee. 2009-2012
Our platform is funded through the
Scottish Government Underpinning Capacity programme
This is an open access resource that supports a wide range of projects and benefits from the
input and advice we get from many different organisations.